Sunday, January 20, 2008

One Man's Email to State Legislators

The following is my email to all of the state legislators whose email addresses are cited in a below post:

It has come to my attention that you are in a position to influence or even vote on Senate Bill 525 and Senate Joint Resolution 107, both of which support a state study of uranium mining in Virginia.

Please be aware of my 100% opposition to even a study of this potentially disastrous legislation. As you well know, a study usually leads to a positive finding on an issue, and, more importantly, "he who pays for the study, gets the results he wants."

I am a conservative Republican but have decided that this issue is a dealmaker or deal-breaker for me in terms of who I will support in all future elections, both locally and statewide. Please represent the interests of the people of Virginia over the interests of Multi-National and local Corporations. I do want to support you in the future; please make the decisions that will allow me to do so.

Thank you,
John E. Chaney
270 N Main St
Chatham, VA 24531

No comments: