Thursday, February 5, 2009

Questions linger about uranium, nuclear power

Letter to the Editor

Can someone answer my questions about uranium mining and nuclear power plants?

Can pro uranium mining people tell me names of the clean uranium mines and locations of mines that do not pollute?

Can pro-uranium mining people tell me the names of the clean nuclear plants that do not pollute?
Can pro-uranium mining people tell me the cost of electric bills the French people pay since they use France as a role model on nuclear power plants?

Can pro-uranium mining people tell me how they clean up the uranium mill tailings and where they are stored when the mine shuts down?

Can pro-uranium mining people tell me how they reclaim the land and the locations of reclaimed uranium mining locations?

Can pro-uranium mining people tell me how uranium contaminated Orange County, Calif., water, which comes from the West where the uranium milling ponds are close to the Green and Colorado rivers?

I emailed Virginia Uranium Inc with these questions and they have never responded to my email.I have emailed Areva; they never responded to my email.

I emailed all the Canadian companies; they never responded to my questions.

Can the pro-uranium people and the pro-nuclear power answer my questions?

Why do pro-uranium people and pro-nuclear power people oppose any Green Power?

Japan depends on nuclear power (the local people do not have the choice to oppose nuclear power), but they use other forms of power. I saw huge wind mill farms on their mountains.

Deborah Dix

No comments: