Sunday, February 17, 2008

Uranium - This Blog, My Role, My Opinion

(The following is a comment left by Blogger "Jack" to the post immediately below this post. What follows his comment here is my response.)

"Jack said...
How is it that no one ever comments on this blog? I am a new lurker, and I wonder if you ever offer up any opinions of your own? What is your opinion of the uranium controversy?"


If you or any reader/blogger attempt to access "My Profile" here on this blog, you will find that I have not included one for public view. The reason for this I hoped would be obvious.

This blog is not about me or any particular person. Rather, it is an attempt to bring to light the plight of Southside's and Virginia's future should uranium be allowed to be mined here in Pittsylvania County. The story is much bigger than any individual.

The story needs to be told, information needs to be distributed, group action needs to be called for, and responses to the opposition need to be made! Who I am or what I believe is immaterial to this mission!

Granted, I occasionally make editorial comments in the posts and occasionally write a post entirely from my own perspective. But, that is not going to be the rule; rather, it will be the exception. Egos are not needed in this group; decisive group action is indeed needed!

I would also hope, Jack, that you could "read between the lines" to determine how I feel about uranium. If not, I am truly sorry that I am not reaching you and I have failed my mission with at least one reader. Alas, I regret it, but must move on to work with those that do understand me.

No comments: