Monday, February 18, 2008

Radon and Water Testing Info

(The following is provided by Burt Scearce II, a SCC affiliate)

I wanted to pass this information (website) along so that it will get out to the citizens.

I wanted to also tell you that I have found one lab in the area that does Radon testing on basements. The cost is $95 plus a mileage fee. They are USA LABS, LLC in Danville. 434-793-5300. I am having my basement tested this week. I spoke to a lady name Pernice.

I have called several lwater testing abs on the state provided list. I found one that will do the radionucleide testing of the well water. I am waiting on cost estimates. They are Pace Analytical in Eden, NC, 336-623-8921. I spoke with a lady named Tammy Easter.

I am hopeful that you can get this information out to the concerned citizens who want their water and basement tested.

Sincerely,

Burt Scearce

http://www.epa.gov/safewater/contaminants/index.html#rads

No comments: