Thursday, July 23, 2009

Health more important than money, uranium

Comment: Great letter and so true!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:11 AM EDT

I am writing this letter in regards to the two letters to the editor by Larry Roach of Gretna and L. Mark de Paulo Jr. of Chatham.

I feel, in my opinion, that mining uranium at Coles Hill would be very dangerous and bad for the health of everyone around here.

These two gentlemen are not thinking our health is more important than money.

I would rather for our children to have a safe place to live.

When they grow up if they move away to get better jobs, that's fine; at least they will have a safe place to call home.

In my opinion, if we allow this mining we are not going to have a community because people are going to be very sick.

We need to pray and depend on God to take care of our needs.

I know that he will. He has taken care of us this far and he will continue.

That is what's wrong with the world today.

God puts something in the ground for a reason and we come along and dig it up for a profit and then people begin to get sick and drop dead all around us and we wonder why.

I am part Cherokee Indian and the Indians call this mining robbing Mother Earth.

If we stand by and allow them to mine this stuff, that is just what we are doing-robbing God in my opinion.

It has been in the ground this long. How about let's leave it there.

Think about it.

Rodney Shawn Hinton
Keeling

http://www.wpcva.com/articles/2009/07/22/chatham/opinion/opinion03.txt

No comments: